Saturday, December 27, 2008

December 27th--Giddyap

Well, the holidays are over and as Spongebob Squarepants would say "I'm Ready, I'm Ready." I have registered for a half marathon in May and it cost me $50 bucks so in the interest of "fiscal responsibility," I am locked in! I am reading the book, "Running for Mortals" and I am finding the author's story compelling since it's such a similar story to mine.
Now, where to begin. As I sit here at my parent's house, thinking about eating leftover prime rib for breakfast, I realize that I need a training plan. I have been running on and off for the last year and a half, but I have not demonstrated any consistency. I have been so incredibly undisciplined when it comes to training, it's a wonder that I haven't achieved my goals. So, I think I need to start over in regards to a training plan. I need to start with a run-walk plan because I want to avoid being sidelined by injury.
Did I mention that I am going to Mexico for a vacation in 14 days? Perhaps the sight of myself in a bathing suit will inspire me? I am pushing maximum density right now so I have no business getting in a swimsuit. But, short of wearing a mu-mu, I have no choice. It's mexico for crying out loud! Whatever......

Today...........we walk....................tomorrow.........we walk........the next day..........walk again.
Follow along, it should be a hoot.
J

No comments: