Monday, December 29, 2008

My cookies and milk addiction

Definitely not the key to my new healthy lifestyle, but I have an addiction. Every night, around 1:30 AM, I awake from a sound sleep and I am somehow energized get out of bed and to head down the stairs to kitchen for cookies and milk. Cookies. And Milk...... at 1;30 AM. If that ain't an addiction problem, I don't know what is. This thing is totally psychological, I know. I have lots of difficulty sleeping and I have tried numerous cures, melatonin, unisom, lavender on the pillow, but nothing.....and I mean nothing helps me sleep like cookies and milk.
This is clearly an issue on so many levels. Sleep issues, food issues oh dear.

So anyway, I don't think I am ready for a "cookies and milk intervention." I am just going to work around it for now. So I walked/jogged on the treadmill tonight for 35 minutes. It felt pretty good. I hadn't exercised in about a month, so it was nice to get moving. Soooooo far from my half marathon goal, but every goal has to begin with a first step. But, I am tired. That is, until, 1:30 when the oreos and milk call me.....ugh. Maybe a Unisom is in order.
J

No comments: