Thursday, April 16, 2009

Beach2Beacon is on the horizon once again....

If I am going to run, let's make it worthwhile huh? See below....


As many of you know, I presently serve on the board of the Boys and Girls Club of Lewiston Auburn. I have mentioned to many of you how my experiences working with all of the Southern Maine Boys and Girls Club has had such a profound effect on me. I have had the opportunity to meet amazing kids, who are succeeding on the right path, despite some pretty tough odds. These kids count on the BGC as a "safe haven" sometimes, it's the only safe place they have. This past year, I had the opportunity to again judge the Youth of Year scholarship competition and meet and interview more of these incredible boys and girls. I see how the club has changed their life and I am always moved to tears when I hear their stories of challenges and how they have overcome those challenges with the club's help. So, my friends, once again I am running the Beach 2 Beacon 10K race on August 1st and doing so in honor of the Boys and Girls Clubs. I am hoping you will support me in this endeavor by making a small donation to the club in my name. I invite you to visit the Boys and Girls Club of Southern Maine website to view more about the club's mission. www.bgcmaine.orgI even have my own fundraising page. If you wish to donate, click on "Sponsor a B2B runner" and then click on my name. Or paste this into your browser:http://www.bgcmaine.org/main.asp?id=69So, here we go again, more training, more advil, more ben-gay. I am determined to break an hour this year. (Did I mention the race is only 5 days before my 40th birthday-EGAD!)
thanks in advance for your support.
God bless!
Jill

No comments: