Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wii Fit!

We got a Wii for Christmas. For the kids. I then went out and bought Wii Fit. My "Wii Fit Age" according to the Wii balance board is....wait for it.....61 years old! Huh? Just because I can't do the center of balance games properly...oh and the fact that I am pushing maximum density. Well, let me tell ya, you get smacked in the face with a Wii Fit age of 61 my friends and there's a sure fire motivator. Since I stepped on the Wii two weeks ago, and had this dose of reality, I have lost 6.5 pounds. Much of this can be attributed to the fact that I have been sick and had no appetite, but still progress is progress.
Also, I think a major motivator was the impact my weight had on my Mii (that's the little Wii character you make for yourself) When I first signed on two weeks ago, I selected my Mii hair color, eye color etc. to make my own personal Wii character. I named it "Mama" since that's what they call me round here. Anywho, "Mama" was an adorable little Mii in her white workout pants and blu cropped workout top. Then, it happened. I stepped on the balance board for the first time so the Wii could record my weight and BMI. And guess what happened to little "Mama"? Just guess. Yup, she blew up like a balloon. All of a sudden, the cute little Mii was busting out of her adorable workout gear.
What a blow to the ego. If it didn't look so freaking funny, it might really be tragic. But, alas, I am resilient (or in denial, you decide). So, since then, my portions are smaller, I am taking the stairs more and I spend 30 minutes a night doing Rhythm Kung Fu to help my situation and hopefully bring my "Mama" back into proportion. Hopefully, god willing, I can get that Wii Fit age down too......61 years old.....Sweet Jesus! That's kooky.
wish me luck.

No comments: