Sunday, March 29, 2009

The School Play.....the countdown continues

Only six days until the children of St. John's School take the stage in this year's production of "Gone with the Breeze." A madcap, lighthearted comedy in two acts. Michaela, our 14 year old has a one of the leading roles and Kayleigh, is making her theatrical debut in the role of "Pageant Girl." The whole thing is all very exciting.............and......exhausting. Mark is the technical director of this year's play (again!) and is working his butt off. Between rehearsals and set building sessions, I haven't seen most of my family in weeks. So, although I am looking forward to the big debut, I am anxious for it to be over so we can all get back together and things can get back to normal. I wonder what we will do with all the extra time. I know Matty will be happy to get his sisters back. And, I can't wait to get my hubby back :-)
So, at 7:00 PM on Friday night, the lights in the church basement will dim and the show will go on. I can hardly wait to see my munchkins sing and dance. I will be so proud. But the person I am most proud of, is Mark. He has given so much of his time to this thing, I am in awe of his commitment. Of course, he's a bit attention needy and we will need to ooh and aaaahhh over the sets and props so he can feel validated for all his hard work. That, I will gladly do, because he's a rock star in my book.

No comments: