This is a question I ask myself more and more these days. It seems like it has been snowing here since, oh, I don't know, November. When I wake up in the morning and turn on the local news, I inevitably say out loud, why do I live here?
Let's run it down shall we?
Reasons not to live in Maine
1. I am 2 hours from my mom & dad (too far)
2. Maine is one of the most liberal states in the nation and is bordering on a socialist state.
3. Maine gets way too much snow (I like about 1 month of winter and then I am done)
4. I am way too far from a good New York Deli
5. My dear friend Carrie is 5 hours away
6. My kids are still wearing turtlenecks in May
7. I have to remortgage the house every year just to pay the plow guy
8. I am 2 hours north of ....let's see....mmmm....oh yeah, just about everything
Reasons to live in Maine
1. My daughter's dad lives in Maine
So, that's it, that's the reason I live in Maine. Kayleigh sees her dad every weekend and every other week during the summer. And, that is so important. She has a great relationship with her dad and I think it's critical that she maintains that. So, I guess I am stuck here.
But when she turns 18........The Parker's are headed south baby. Only 9 more years to go.
there you go.