Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dogs!!!

We have a beagle. An adorable cutie patooty beagle named Putty. Well, Putty has been really out of sorts since our Alpha Male (Mark) went off to Oklahoma City and left the Parker "Pack" behind. I had hoped that Putty would step up to lead the pack in his absence, but to be honest, the little guy has just fallen apart. He's in a deep depression and it's clear that he needs so doggie Zoloft or something because he really is a mess. When he's not sleeping, he's sitting by the mud room door staring at it, like he's waiting for Mark to come in. Last night he slept on Mark's pillow and kept me up with whining and sighing ALL NIGHT LONG! He was whimpering like a baby. I actually stayed up with him from 1:00 AM to 3:00 AM thinking there was something wrong with him. Then I figured out, he's just experiencing separation anxiety since Mark is missing from the pack. I don't have the heart to tell him that Mark's going to be gone until Thursday. I am afraid he will have a complete breakdown. I think we may need to get him some therapy in the meantime.

2 comments:

owner said...

Likely story I think that youre blaming the dog tooooooo much.

Ice Pony Girl said...

Poor baby! Give him kisses from us!

Ice Pony Girl
Happy Tails Beagle List
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/happytails/