Monday, January 26, 2009

Six Degrees of Separation--the jig is up

So, I neglected to mention to my parents that I had some health issues last week. I just didn't want them to needlessly worry and with everything going on I figured they didn't need to worry about me and my sluggish thyroid. Now, this sounded like a good idea at the time but then, like a jackass, I told all you people about my trips to the doctor on my blog. To be honest, I didn't think anyone really read this thing so I didn't give it a second thought.
BOY was I wrong! You see, this weekend, I made lots of new friends on Facebook, including my cousin in Long Island (Shout out to Christy). Well, Christy read the Facebook page, followed the link, read the blog. Being the Barbara Walters of Nassau County, she then called her mother, my Aunt Linda to report my medical concerns, who promptly called my father to ask "How's Jill?"
As you can imagine, Dad's response was, "What are you talking about?" And,,,,,,,we're off to the races. I am now in the doghouse with Mom & Dad and I have a sluggish thyroid. Oopsie.
The power of the internet is awfully creepy.
And how was your day?

No comments: